Storage Carousels Use Space Smarter
You can be sure that your MHE carousel solution will conform with the MHIA’s standard (MH24, 2005), which is also ANSI approved. What does MHIA/ANSI conformance mean to you? Safe operation and maintenance but efficiency and economy as well.
Increased Productivity and Other Benefits
Horizontal Carousel Systems can increase picking productivity by as much as 20 times over conventional methods. Items stored in carousels are more visible, so they tend to be neater and more organized.
Benefits include the following:
- Saving space is a major benefit of automated vertical carousels.
- Free and ready access to parts by all workers.
- Systematic and efficient storage of great numbers of parts, with actual applications number in the double digit millions.
- Support of multiple simultaneous flows, such as assembly lines.
- Storage flexibility.
- Minimal personnel requirements.
- High density space utilization and safety-aware ergonomic design.
Flexible Setup and Expert Assistance
The MHE pros are experts in setting up horizontal carousels for control in three different configurations:
Foot control, the default control method, consist of a basic pedal design, where the operator stops and starts the carousel using the pedal.
Slightly more sophisticated than the pedal control, the hands-off keypad controlled design allows the operator to key in where the carousel should stop.
The most sophisticated of any carousel control available is that of a computer interface, which can be integrated with inventory management software.
Did You Know?
With the aid of radio frequency transmitters (RFT), order picking by conventional means requiring as many as six people can be handled with better efficiency and accuracy by only two.
Worthy of note is that the U.S. Marines use carousel technologies in a self-contained, automated system of linked bins traveling around an oval track inside of a shipping container.